Seems every time you turn around there's another scary hospital story in the news. No, it's not an urban legend, it's a fact: hospitals can be bad for your health. What can you do? Get informed. Today we bring you a guest posting from DK including "must read links" to keep you and your family safe and sound during your next hospital stay. We included a few to help you, too, just in case you have had a bad hospital experience.
Today's 10 Links a Day: A must read!
- Start with Trisha Torrey. Every Patient's Advocate is filled with everything you need to know before you enter the hospital.
- Compare hospitals in your area on HealthGrades.
- The Leapfrog Group provides another great hospital ratings tool.
- The Joint Commission accredits hospitals across the U.S. and listens to consumer complaints, too.
- Got an issue with care, insurance or billing? Take it to Consumer Reports
- The Center for Medical Consumers is a treasure chest of info.
- Hospital infections are rampant. Visit RID. It might just save your life.
- Americans Mad & Angry works to raise public awareness on hospital safety issues.
- The CPR lobbies for patients’ rights.
- Feeling swamped by this serious subject? Then stop by the HealthCare PSI BlogThis irreverent crusade for patient safety is sure to make you smile.